Healthy, Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
So in the midst of this pandemic that we are all currently going through, there seems to be a new craze for cooking banana bread whilst we all endure lockdown at home and I couldn’t resist jumping on the bandwaggon after a few yummy, drool-worthy, Instagram photos of my friends banana bread efforts popped up!
As a long-term IBS sufferer, gluten-intolerant, I needed to find a recipe that would not upset my stomach! So after digging around on the web, and then realising that I only had part of the ingredients for one recipe and half the ingredients for another I decided to improvise and throw together my own mix!
This healthy gluten-free banana bread recipe is free from refined sugars, contains no additives and is practically one of your five-a-day!
How to make my gluten-free Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas 2 mashed, 1 sliced for toppings
- 85g almond flour
- 10g coconut flakes
- 15g gluten-free oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 71g organic maple syrup, maple syrup or honey
- 43g pecans or walnuts
Cooking my gluten-free banana bread is as easy as 1,2,3 with this quick, throw in a bowl, the recipe I have created from adapting other recipes to suit what I had in the house!
1. Mashup 2 bananas in a bowl & line a baking tin with greaseproof paper
2. Add all other ingredients to the bowl and stir well until you have a smooth batter consistency (I left my food processor churning round for around 5-10mins)
3. Pour batter into the lined tray, top with thinly sliced bananas (using your third banana) and cook for 30-35 mins at 180ºC Fan Oven in the centre of the oven.
- Drizzled dark chocolate
- Peanut butter
- Sugar-free coffee icing, drizzled
Want more healthy (ish) gluten-free recipes?!
Need help getting healthy?
I am a nutrition coach so am hear to help you with all your fit food questions! Please head over to www.flotality.co.uk for more information on my nutrition and body transformation services. or if you are not already – give me a follow on Instagram @flotalityuk/ @wyldandfit, subscribe to @wyldandfit on YouTube for more healthy fit living inspiration…